Skip to main content

Planning: School Magazine Logo

I'm now going to decide on the logo for my school magazine.
I want my magazine title, 'Youth Quests' to have a bit more formal layout.

I started out by going to https://www.dafont.com/. The website had a lot of fonts styles. I tried out some to get an idea and make it suit the layout theme I have envisioned for my magazine.

I liked Roman SD's font from the Foreign look; Roman/Greek option.



Then I moved on to trying out the website https://www.designmantic.com/. I designed some logos by myself.




Then I came to realize these logos were not free to download. So, I decided to use https://www.logomaker.com/ instead.

I also decided to omit the icons, as I wasn't fully satisfied with them. 
Another issue is also that I wouldn't be able to access these logos even if I'm able to make a satisfactory one because they're not free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research: Survey Results

  The following are the results of the school magazine survey I conducted for my research. What is your gender? Multiple Choice   Choice Total Male 13 Female 28 The total number of respondents were 41, with a majority of female participants but a considerable number of boys have also responded to the survey. So, the findings of the survey could be generalized to both genders. What is your age? Multiple Choice   Choice Total 15-16 7 17-18 13 Above 21 Since its a school magazine, my target audience should supposedly be around the ages of 15-18 or even above. The majority of the respondents are above 18, which is fine for my research. Do you enjoy reading school magazines. Multiple Choice   Choice Total Yes, I do 9 Maybe, if they're interesting 24 No, I don't like reading in the first place 8 This questions was necessary to ask to know the size of my audience, i.e. how many people would really read a school magazine. According to these results, majority respondents don'...

Planning: Codes and Conventions

 Application of codes and conventions on the genre. The above magazine follows the conventions of a teen beauty magazine. The model used for the main image is a young girl in a casual dress-up. The subtle make-up and bubbly expressions denote the innocence and youthfulness that teen girls have. The codes and conventions followed in the above magazine are bold, over the top styling, heavy make-up and extravagant props. The models in this genre usually take up looks that no woman would generally wear, so it's not necessarily a representation of women rather a creative portrayal of beauty as art.

School Magazine Cover Page Analysis

 Here is the cover-page analysis of some school magazines that I did.