Skip to main content

Content-Page: Construction - Designing and Editing

Before starting the construction of my content page, I needed a grid and guidelines on the page to structure the layout, before I added the content lines and images.



Then I removed the grid and began adding the content lines. I played around with a bunch of different fonts for a bit and finalized a blend of various fonts and text sizes.



To add the images I first removed their background using the pen tool and masking techniques in photoshop and then added each image alongside its relating content line.








Though my content page had begun to get a pretty cool look, I felt like the black and white themed content page wouldn't go with the color theme I used on the cover page. So I decided to add more colour to it. I decided on using Black and Red 




I think it looked much better this way, but most of my content lines and captions in red weren't readable. So I added some shade to it.




The image at the bottom blended in with the black background so I added a red box behind it to make it pop.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning: Codes and Conventions

 Application of codes and conventions on the genre. The above magazine follows the conventions of a teen beauty magazine. The model used for the main image is a young girl in a casual dress-up. The subtle make-up and bubbly expressions denote the innocence and youthfulness that teen girls have. The codes and conventions followed in the above magazine are bold, over the top styling, heavy make-up and extravagant props. The models in this genre usually take up looks that no woman would generally wear, so it's not necessarily a representation of women rather a creative portrayal of beauty as art.

School Magazine Cover Page Analysis

 Here is the cover-page analysis of some school magazines that I did.

Research: Survey Results

  The following are the results of the school magazine survey I conducted for my research. What is your gender? Multiple Choice   Choice Total Male 13 Female 28 The total number of respondents were 41, with a majority of female participants but a considerable number of boys have also responded to the survey. So, the findings of the survey could be generalized to both genders. What is your age? Multiple Choice   Choice Total 15-16 7 17-18 13 Above 21 Since its a school magazine, my target audience should supposedly be around the ages of 15-18 or even above. The majority of the respondents are above 18, which is fine for my research. Do you enjoy reading school magazines. Multiple Choice   Choice Total Yes, I do 9 Maybe, if they're interesting 24 No, I don't like reading in the first place 8 This questions was necessary to ask to know the size of my audience, i.e. how many people would really read a school magazine. According to these results, majority respondents don'...